The mission of the Academy of Ballet Arts, Inc. since it was established in 1969 is to develop the potential of each student to express his or her individual ideas and emotions through the beauty of movement. The Academy values diversity, nurtures creativity and builds community. The Academy envisions developing a direct connection with the county's residents and visitors through arts education and public performances. Through the Academy's professional curriculum and performances, young dancers will be prepared to pursue a career in the arts.
Academy of Ballet Arts, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization that admits students of any race, color, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, religious preference and national or ethnic origin.
Why Become a Donor?
Donors help support the Academy by helping to add additional classes to our curriculum such as Musical Theatre, Acting, Pilates and Mommy and Me courses. Donations help to provide professional training for students seeking to have a professional dance career, assist students who need economic support to study dance, provide transportation from academic schools to the Academy, and support our professional performances with guest artists, costumes and rental fees for theatres.
- State of Florida Cultural Arts Division
- City of St. Petersburg’s Division of Arts, Culture and Tourism
- National Endowment of the Arts: Pinellas Recovers Grant
- St. Petersburg Resilience Grant
- St. Petersburg Arts Alliance Funding Futures Grants
- Creative Pinellas Student Summer Study Grants
- Florida State Cultural Innovation Grant for Adaptive Ballet Classes
- Tampa Bay Foundation Grant for support of Tuition Grants
- Hal Freedman & Willi Rudowsky
- Pruitt Foundation
Pas de Deux: ($5,000)
- Mr. and Mrs. Brett Andringa
- Melinda Roskos
- Lori Kleinman
Corps de Ballet
Make a Donation
The Academy of Ballet Arts, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization and we could use your support now more than ever.